Empower Our People
At Bison, we foster a spirit of giving back and we are committed to the betterment of our communities.
We contribute to various causes in our communities through our Bison Cares fundraising initiative, as well as additional volunteer opportunities for our Drivers and staff. We are also committed to providing environmentally conscious freight transportation services.
Each year, Bison hosts two fundraising campaigns in the spring and fall. This helps us to consolidate our fundraising efforts, and creates an opportunity for even greater success by focusing our fundraising on specific charities.
In addition to our fundraising efforts, Bison Drivers and employees volunteer their time and efforts with various community events including:
- World's Largest Truck Convoy
- Challenge for Life
- FMG Manitoba Dragon Boat Teams
- School reading programs
- ...And more!
Some of the charities we've contributed to through
our Bison Cares program include:
Alzheimer Society of Canada
Canadian Cancer Society
Canadian Diabetes Association
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Humane Society of Canada
Kidney Foundation of Canada
Missing Children Society of Canada
MS Society of Canada
Robb Nash Project
Teen Challenge Alberta
United Way of Canada
The Winnipeg Foundation
As one of Canada's largest transportation companies, Bison Transport understands that we have a large responsibility to our customers and society as a whole when it comes to delivering environmentally conscious transportation solutions. We have invested large amounts of time and energy to become an industry leader when it comes to reducing the amount of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) we emit into the atmosphere for every mile we travel.
We have been able to accomplish this by:
- Effective Equipment Purchasing: We purchase the most advanced equipment that employs multiple fuel saving devices.
- Effective Policy: Our Company has implemented both speed limits and idle time expectations in order to improve our fuel efficiency.
- Training and Education: We use state of the art simulation technology and computer based training to ensure our Drivers are the most fuel efficient Drivers on the road.
- Multi-modal Transportation: We have developed an intricate transportation network that allows us to move freight via Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) and rail, both of which have a huge impact on GHG reduction.
We are active members of Natural Resource Canada's FleetSmart program, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency's SmartWay Transport Partnership. Both programs have goals and mandates that are closely aligned with ours.
Diversity & Inclusion
Bison Transport recognizes diversity and inclusion as a critical business ingredient that strengthens our business, our community and our industry. To achieve the full effect of this, we have created a diversified and inclusive workplace and we leverage the depth and talent advantage that diversity brings to our business.
At Bison, workplace diversity is understanding, accepting, and valuing differences between people including those:
- of different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities, and sexual orientations
- with differences in education, personalities, skill sets, experiences, and knowledge bases
Diversity and inclusion is a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment that increases the participation and contribution of all employees. At Bison, we celebrate that each of us has a different background and story to tell.
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!