The goal of the New Grad Program is to develop talented individuals into Bison's future leaders. Students are hired after graduation to work in a full-time capacity. You will be placed on a vigorous learning development plan to afford you with a solid understanding of our company at all levels. Throughout this program you will be working with a variety of Bison's leaders who will contribute to your career development and your manager will assume a mentoring role to guide your success. You will be challenged through approximately three job rotations in various roles across the organization. All New Grad rotations and learning plans will be supported and monitored by the mentoring manager.
See how successful our new grads are in this post: New Degree, No Job?
Assignments Can Include
- Operations Administration
- Customer Service (it all starts with great customer service!)
- Fleet Dispatch
- Fleet Co-ordination
- Business Analyst
With each rotation, New Grads go through a complete career development and performance review series. This allows you to spend time with your mentoring manager at the beginning of each term to identify the skills you expect to learn, master and apply on the job. At the end of each rotation, you will have developed new skills and abilities and you will have a constructive understanding of all the attributes you bring to the organization.
After New Grads successfully complete the rotational program, successful participants will be placed into their "destination" career path based on business need, personal career goals and individual skills and knowledge demonstrated throughout the rotational program. As a result, the successful candidates are well underway with their career growth and a promising future at Bison!
- Grad of a commerce, management or business administration degree, your record should reflect balanced achievement in academics and practical experience;
- Exceptional customer service skills, embraces the concept of both the internal and external customer;
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills;
- The ability to work independently and work effectively as a team player;
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas: results orientation, ownership mindset, solutions outlook and integrity;
- Ability to quickly establish working relationships and effectively transition through assignments;
- Ability to thrive in a multitask, deadline-orientated, high-volume and fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with MS Office and the ability to learn complex programs;
- Previous supply chain work experience considered an asset;
- Desire to pursue continuous learning activities is also considered a strong asset.
Your Bison Experience
- Significant responsibilities and an environment where your ideas and opinions create action;
- Extensive learning programs and leadership training;
- Mentoring and coaching from Bison's leaders;
- Substantial professional growth and an exciting career with a growing and stable company.
What our grads have to say...
"Students at Bison are given meaningful and engaging work oftentimes interacting with executives. Not many organizations offer this kind of experience to students. If you are a recent graduate and looking to start your career check out Bison, it’s an excellent place to work!"
Are you ready for the first day of the rest of your career?
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!