The goal of the New Grad Program is to develop talented individuals into Bison’s future leaders. Students are hired after graduation to work in a full-time capacity where you will be placed on a vigorous learning development plan to afford you with a solid understanding of our company at all levels. Throughout this program you will be working with a variety of Bison's leaders and team members who will contribute to your career development and a mentor to guide your success. You will be challenged through approximately three rotations in various roles across the organization. All New Grad rotations and learning plans will be supported and monitored by the mentoring manager.
See how successful our new grads are in this post: New Degree, No Job?
Operations Stream (combination of three):
- Driver Experience
- Customer Experience
- Utilization & Productivity
- Network Balance & Cost Management
- System fundamentals
- Relationship building
- Implementation and execution
What's in it for me?
- Opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and developing skills in an environment where your ideas and opinions create action
- Extensive learning programs to keep pace with a highly dynamic industry
- Network with professionals at various levels of the business to support your career goals
- Mentoring and coaching from Bison’s leaders
- Motivate change by partaking in business improvement initiatives
- Substantial professional growth and an exciting career with a growing and stable company
With each rotation, New Grads go through a complete career development and performance review series [1x1, performance review/milestone achievement, ready for next rotation?]. This allows you to spend time with your mentoring manager at the beginning of each term to identify the skills you expect to learn, master and apply on the job.
After New Grads successfully complete the rotational program, successful participants will be placed into their “destination” career path based on business need, personal career goals and individual skills and knowledge demonstrated throughout the rotational program. As a result, the successful candidates are well underway with their career growth and a promising future at Bison!
- Grad of a commerce, management or business administration degree, your record should reflect balanced achievement in academics and practical experience
- Exceptional customer service skills, embraces the concept of both the internal and external customer
- Excellent communication, analytical and organization skills
- The ability to work independently and work effectively as a team player
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas: results orientation, ownership mindset, solutions outlook and integrity
- Ability to quickly establish working relationships and effectively transition through assignments
- Ability to thrive in a multitask, deadline-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office and the ability to learn complex programs
- Passionate about constant pursuit of knowledge
- Previous supply chain work experience is considered an asset
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!