Operations Trainer - Winnipeg
The Operations Trainer facilitates training primarily focused on Operational roles at Bison. This includes initial, recurrent, transitional and developmental training programs, which are delivered using a blended approach of the classroom, on-the-job (OTJ), and/or eLearning platforms. The Operations Trainer provides thorough post-course assessments about individual learners to ensure Operations leaders can support them after training is complete. The Operations Trainer plays an integral role in employee skill enhancement.
Background and suitability for a career at Bison is wide ranging. Some of our brightest people have joined us with no previous "trucking" experience. We always say we work in the "people business". So, whether you have a background in the airline, automotive, retail or hospitality industries, to name a few, your experience is valuable, and we are bound to find many transferrable skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with the business and learner to meet identified learning outcomes
- Plan and prepare for training through administering pre-training & preparing the learning environment
- Deliver training by utilizing appropriate and established delivery methods, motivating and creating an active learning environment and assessing participants' progress
- Deliver training in a virtual/remote environment
- Establish classroom and OTJ credibility by maintaining a positive learning environment and guiding participants appropriately
- Regularly evaluate learning content and curriculum to ensure relevancy to current operational practices
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in a transportation operational environment an asset
- Possess above average technical and computer skills
- Proven group facilitation, presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a digital/virtual environment.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Possess a "can do" attitude with a level of flexibility and adaptability that lends to win-win outcomes
- Desire to work in a dynamic continuous improvement environment and participate in the development of a high-impact learning team
- Possess above average relationship building skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the work done, including getting "in-role" to gain current subject matter knowledge and understanding
- Formal education in Adult Education and/or Instructional Design an asset
- Previous experience in adult education, instructional design and/or training an asset
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate Lunches and Cultural Celebrations
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!