Customer Service Assistant - Calgary
Customer Service Assistant
...eager to provide world class service and support to world class customers?
...passionate about your ability to solve problems?
...keen to continually learn and develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The role we're looking to fill is definitely a challenge and requires a great deal of motivation and initiative offering you the opportunity to build a rewarding career with a leading transportation company. The transportation industry is ever-changing and requires an ability to think on your feet and react in the moment. We get a high volume of email and the successful candidate will need to be able to manage, organize and prioritize their email and tasks repeatedly throughout the day. The learning curve for this role/industry is intense. The successful candidate is required to learn new computer programs and systems applications along with learning a working knowledge of the industry and Bison's network including new terminology and a detailed knowledge of North American geography. The successful candidate must possess the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging environment and have a high level of accuracy under those conditions. They must also have a strong sense of ownership and the ability to problem solve. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively at a high level both internally and externally to ensure all information is translated correctly to all parties. The Customer Service Assistant (CSA) is responsible for performing duties dealing with the day-to-day coordination of freight and truck movement in a particular region. In supporting their regional team, the CSA will have routine customer contact and be able to execute the detailed and administrative work. They are responsible for all order entry, appointment booking and data entry for an assigned account portfolio. You will be working as a team with the CSR to ensure all of the customer's needs are met.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Order Entry/Order Acceptance - The CSA is accountable to enter designated orders for the assigned region, confirming all details are updated and the orders are complete for dispatch with all necessary information. The CSA is to accept customer orders under pre-determined guidelines from the regional Customer Service Supervisor.
- Tracing - The CSA is responsible for updating customers on status of shipments as requested and producing and distributing regular reports of status for selected accounts. In direction from the planning team, the CSA must communicate with customers to confirm when shipments are ready, scheduled to deliver, ETA of truck, etc.
- Appointment Booking - The CSA is accountable to ensure all shipping and delivery appointments are secured and updated in the system within the prescribed lead time. The CSA must build relationships with shippers and consignees in order to manage appointment scheduling that meet the needs of the customer as well as Bison's operation.
- The CSA must be available to handle customer inquiries off the general queue in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- The CSA must provide direct support for the CSRs as required which may include CSR coverage.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by a Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Strong ability to adapt to varying situations
- Exceptional Problem Solving abilities
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask, manage multiple accounts, competing priorities and meet timelines
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both in person and on the phone
- High attention to detail and accuracy integrity with data collection and order entry
- Demonstrated problem analysis and problem-solving skills
To learn more about this position and the Bison culture, watch this Youtube video: https://youtu.be/4uHF4xTi-Kc
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about Bison Transport, please visit our blog to view a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Are you a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the "Careers" section on our website: www.bisontransport.com
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.Apply Now!
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Safety & Driver Development
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!