Customer Service Assistant - Central
Customer Service Assistant
Bison's Customer Service division offers safety, reliability and exceptional customer service ensuring on-time pickup and delivery of shipments. The Customer Service Assistant (CSA) is responsible for performing duties dealing with the day-to-day coordination of freight and truck movement in a particular region. In supporting their regional team, the CSA will have routine customer contact and be able to execute the detailed and administrative work. The successful candidate is required to learn new computer programs and systems applications along with learning a working knowledge of the industry and Bison's network including new terminology and a detailed knowledge of North American geography.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Accountable to enter designated orders for the assigned region, confirming all details are updated and the orders are complete for dispatch with all necessary information.
- Updating customers on status of shipments as requested and producing and distributing regular reports of status for selected accounts.
- Ensuring Shipping and delivery appointments are secured and updated in the system with a prescribed lead time.
- Building relationships with shippers and consignees in order to manage appointment scheduling that meets the needs of the customer, as well as Bison's operation.
- Handing customer inquiries off the general queue in a pleasant and efficient manner.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Prior Transportation, and/or Logistics experience is an asset, but not a must
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills
- Decision making and organizational skills
- Proven communication and time-management skills
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
Visit the link to view "A day in the life" in our Customer Service Department: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHF4xTi-KcApply Now!
Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!