Analytics & Continuous Improvement
...passionate about process improvement?
... A motivated analyst with strong reasoning abilities and sound technical skills?
... Results-oriented professional, with good communication skills?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The Business Analyst (BA) is a key contributor to the implementation of process and systems improvement initiatives within the Continuous Improvement (CI) department. The BA is responsible for identifying opportunities and managing requests for systems and process change, and managing projects to implement those changes. This includes gaining an understanding of current processes and systems, identifying potential solutions, organizing working groups and communicating with software developers. The BA is also responsible for planning the implementation of solutions and supporting the training of users as needed. As a member of Bison's overall Systems group the BA is committed to providing quality solutions through delivery of timely changes to, and complete support of, existing tools and processes.
- Gaining an understanding of and documenting current processes through participation in and/or facilitating of brainstorming sessions, root cause analysis or other discovery practices with stakeholders.
- Performing analysis of business processes, highlighting issues and challenges, then assisting in the definition of the challenge and recommending improvements.
- Project management; consistent build out of plans, act as liaison between the customer and the CI/developer teams, ensuring completion of projects.
- Implementation of projects; Driving to implementation on projects, coordinating with L&D (Learning & Development) for training of users. Including support on creation of documentation as required.
- Monitoring the implemented solution to ensure continued adoption of the tool or process change.
- Report writing and analysis.
- Benchmarking and innovation.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on any combination of Business Analysis, Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management Information Systems (MIS) or demonstrated experience. Other formal education will be considered for relevance.
- Pursuit of a formal certification in Project Management or Business Analysis is an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, working with and coordinating teams.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to oversee projects.
- Strong interviewing skills, effective data gathering.
- Ability to perform analysis and present information with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Possess a strong desire to "do things better" with a willingness to get involved at the base level to make that happen.
- General understanding of the programming process.
- Project management, business process management, or business analysis experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean methodologies is preferred (experience or education).
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about the career opportunities at Bison, please visit our blog and watch a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
Are you detail oriented and insightful with excellent communication and teambuilding skills? Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Do you possess a strong desire to "do things better" with a willingness to get involved at the base level to make that happen? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
We are currently recruiting talented, high performing individuals who have a strong desire to engage in a highly innovative and progressive culture. Join our Continuous Improvement team today!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
- Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/drive4bison
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/drive4bison
- LinkedIn: Here
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/drive4bison
- Snapchat: Search Bison Transport
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!