Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
We are currently recruiting an energetic, results focused Recruitment Manager to join our Driver Services team! This position will oversee the full cycle of Bison's Driver recruitment activities along with a team of recruitment specialists across all regions (Winnipeg, Calgary, Mississauga, Edmonton, Langley). Drawing upon the needs of the business, external marketplace trends and through ongoing dialogue with Operations, Marketing, Safety, Driver Development, Maintenance and other key stakeholders, the Manager executes strategies to protect and grow Bison's talent base of Professional Drivers.
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures!
- Thrive in a fast-paced and results driven working environment
- Take advantage of our on-site fitness facility
- Recharge with our complimentary caffeine station
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Open door policy across the organization
- Once a week all summer long, lunches are provided!
- Choose from our flexible benefit options
- Join our engaging Wellness Program & extracurricular sports teams
- Employee Profit Sharing
To learn more about what it's like to work at Bison Transport, please visit our blog to view a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
What makes this role exciting?
- High profile and integral role of our business
- Opportunity to lead a diverse team of recruiters across our network
- Challenge of recruiting niche positions in a fast paced environment
- Building solid relationships with key stakeholders and willing to travel to our other locations
Who we're looking for:
- A motivated leader, who empowers, mentors and takes pride in their team Demonstrated experience and success in recruiting high volume, short supply positions
- Strong sense of urgency and drive for strong team results
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- A reputation for showing initiative and making independent decisions while being approachable
- A great collaborator with staff at all levels - inside & outside your department
- Proven organizational and project management skills to effectively manage multiple projects
In this role you will:
- Oversee the day-to-day Driver recruitment activities ensuring the pipeline is full and leads are acted upon in a timely fashion
- Leverage our brand via advertising, social media, trade shows and promotional campaigns to successfully attract Professional Drivers
- Be responsible for the full life-cycle of your staff - attracting, retaining, developing, mentoring and evaluating performance
- Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance as required to supply Professional Drivers,
- Report monthly KPIs to the Management Team
- Support the Driver on-boarding process and work collaboratively with Safety & Driver Development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading/coaching staff along with demonstrated recruitment experience in specialized or short supply roles
- Proven ability to identify process improvements
- Ability to build solid relationships and influence stakeholders outside of reporting structure
- Solid problem-solving skills with ability to recognize, analyze and use data/trends
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Transportation industry experience would be preferred or experience in an industry that has experienced workforce shortages and/or high demand occupations would likewise be considered
- Sound conflict resolution skills
- PC skills - Windows, MS Office Suite, Internet
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the "Careers" section on our website: www.bisontransport.com
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:Apply Now!
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!