Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Analytical with a flair for solving puzzles?
Eager to develop your knowledge of our business, goals and objectives?
Ready to take the next step in your career with Bison?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The Planner is accountable for coordinating assets to satisfy the needs of clients, drivers and the company. Key roles of the Planner are to accurately predict availability and potential of assets in their assigned region, and properly acquire freight to effectively utilize those assets in the best of interest of the company. They must solve problems, realize opportunities and communicate in a thorough and timely fashion with all co-workers.
- Establish resource availability through analysis of the drivers, tractors and trailers in their region and interpret what restrictions and opportunities they present. The IP must take all relevant factors into consideration from individual driver requirements, equipment restrictions and overall balance issues
- Establish and forecast customer needs and demands. Corporate accounts will involve monitoring, forecasting and servicing the clients™ needs on a regular basis. The IP is expected to have a thorough understanding of the priority of a given client, their volumes, cycles, flexibility, urgency and additional opportunities they may hold
- Assemble the overall strategy by taking all relevant information, developing a plan and communicating it in an effective and timely manner to the Fleet Management group for execution. Recognizing the need to adjust plans, such as required, is critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated skills in aligning goals with strategic direction to achieve targeted business results
- Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain collaborative working relationship
- Strong knowledge of company goals, work direction and practices
This shift is subject to a modified work schedule.
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada™s 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada™s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Are you a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
We are currently recruiting talented, high performing individuals who have a strong desire to engage in a highly innovative and progressive culture. Join our team today!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
- Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/drive4bison
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/drive4bison
- LinkedIn: Here
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/drive4bison
- Snapchat: Search Bison Transport
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!