Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Supervisor, Night Dispatch
Night Operations Supervisor
...looking to jump start your career and continually develop skills with a progressive company?
...a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills?
...eager to provide exceptional customer service?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We are currently recruiting talented, high performing individuals who have a strong desire to engage in a highly innovative and progressive culture. Join our highly effective Operations team today!
The Winnipeg Night Operations Supervisor (NOS) is responsible for overseeing all night Dispatch, Customer Service and Customs activity for their region and indirectly help lead overnight operations in the Mississauga & Calgary terminals. The focus of the NOS is the identification and resolution of all non-routine or time-sensitive issues that arise after regular business hours. The NOS must display sound judgment and involve other operations staff in the resolution process, as they deem necessary. The NOS position requires the individual to be strategic, forward thinking and solutions oriented. The NOS is a key liaison between the day time Planning and Dispatch groups to ensure all pieces are in place for Night Operations to run smoothly on a daily basis and is responsible for creating/facilitating a team mentality among all night staff.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Prioritize each situation (emergency, non-routine, routine) and respond accordingly,
- Ensure the best tools are used to maximize visibility on our operation in order to guarantee problems are visible and handled as far in advance as possible,
- Oversee all activities related to after-hours satellite, telephone, and in-person communications,
- Guide staff, as needed, in handling and assessing all incoming inquiries, following up on pre-determined situations and ensuring they are progressing as required,
- Oversee the management of all incoming inquiries and provide excellent customer service according to company standards,
- Relationship building with all internal and external customers to ensure we are providing quality service and solutions when issues arise,
- Conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews,
- Coaching and mentoring the Winnipeg night operations team.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Dedicated experience providing customer service in a similar work environment,
- Well organized and have a keen sense of timeliness,
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem solving and planning abilities,
- Proven success working in a dynamic, fast paced environment,
- Excellent verbal and written communication,
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching a team,
- Educational background in Supply Chain Management (or other relevant areas such as Business),
- Knowledge of the transportation industry and North American geography.
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company? Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
- Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/drive4bison
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/drive4bison
- LinkedIn: Here
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/drive4bison
- Snapchat: Search Bison Transport
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!