Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Operations Trainee - New Grad Program - Winnipeg
Operations Trainee - New Grad Program
...eager to learn about the Transportation and Trucking Industry?
...a newly graduated student looking to enter a dynamic and fast paced environment?
...keen to continually learn and develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Bison's New Graduate Program
Steer Your Career!
Bison Transport is a multiple-award winning Canadian transport company, employing the latest technology and operating one of the most modern fleets in the industry. Our dedicated staff and safe, professional Drivers provide transportation & logistics services all across North America.
Bison Transport is committed to being an employer of choice. We employ people from all types of backgrounds who want to work in a thriving business with a history of success and growth. Our employees are committed, enthusiastic and objective in their desire to meet challenges and explore opportunities to realize their full potential. Our employees enjoy the security of working for a reliable company that continues to be an industry leader in an essential service.
The goal of the New Graduate Program (NGP) is to invite New Grads with fresh perspectives and skills into our business and partner with them on a career development plan that lends to sustainable high impact performance. Post-secondary graduates are hired in a permanent, full-time capacity. For the first 18 months of your employment, you will be placed on an accelerated career development path which will provide you an opportunity to build a solid understanding of our business and our industry. Throughout this program you will be working with a variety of Bison's leaders who will contribute to your career development and will be assigned a specific leader to assume a mentoring role to guide your success. You will be challenged through approximately three job rotations (six to eight months each) in various roles across the organization.
All New Grad rotations and Learning Plans will be supported and monitored by the mentoring manager.
Assignments may include:
- Operations Administration
- Customer Service (it all starts with great customer service!)
- Fleet Dispatch
- Fleet Coordination
With each rotation, New Grads go through a complete career development & performance review series. This allows you to spend time with your mentor at the beginning of each term to identify the skills you expect to learn, master and apply on the job. At the end of each rotation, you will have developed new skills and abilities and you will have a constructive understanding of all the attributes you bring to the organization.
After New Grads successfully complete the rotational program, successful participants will be placed into their "destination" career path based on business need, personal career goals and individual skills and knowledge demonstrated throughout the rotational program. As a result, the successful candidates are well underway with their career growth and a promising future at Bison!
- Graduate of a Commerce, Management or Business Administration degree, your record should reflect balanced achievement in academics and practical experience
- Exceptional customer service skills, embraces the concept of both the internal and external customer
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and work effectively as a team player
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas: results orientation, ownership mindset, solutions outlook and integrity
- Ability to quickly establish working relationships and effectively transition through assignments
- Ability to thrive in a multi-task, deadline orientated, high volume and fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office and the ability to learn complex programs
- Previous Supply Chain work experience considered an asset
- Desire to pursue continuous learning activities is also considered a strong asset
Your Bison Experience:
- Significant responsibilities and an environment where your ideas and opinions create action
- Extensive learning programs and leadership training
- Mentoring and coaching from Bison's leaders
- Substantial professional growth and an exciting career with a growing and stable company
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the "Careers" section on our website: www.bisontransport.com
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
Snapchat: Search Bison TransportApply Now!
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!