Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Maintenance (Shop) Assistant - Mississauga
Maintenance (Shop) Assistant
looking for a hands on job?
eager to provide exceptional customer service?
keen to continually learn and develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Working in our new Mississauga Facility, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for the company™s performance in terms of aiding with driver satisfaction and the efficiency in the Maintenance department. The Maintenance Assistant is expected to be a team player, and communicate with the Shop Supervisor and Yard Supervisor in a thorough and timely fashion. A professional attitude is a basic requirement along with a firm understanding of what constitutes good service to our drivers and co-workers.
- Wash Tractors/Trailers, grease fifth wheel
- Reefer washouts as required
- De-decal retiring trailers
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Property Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Shop Maintenance
- Yard Maintenance
- Communicate status updates with Shop and Yard Supervisors
- Previous experience in a shop service related considered an asset
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Good time management & organizations skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Hold Valid Class 5 Driver™s license
- Willing to learn how to drive daycab and highway tractors
This position is subject to a modified work schedule.
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada™s 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada™s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about what to expect at Bison, watch our new video https://youtu.be/_saA7Or23kw.
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Are you a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
We are currently recruiting talented, high performing individuals who have a strong desire to engage in a highly innovative and progressive culture. Join our team today!
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the Careers section on our website: www.bisontransport.com
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:Apply Now!
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!