Analytics & Continuous Improvement
passionate about process improvement?
A motivated analyst with strong reasoning abilities and sound technical skills?
Results-oriented professional, with good communication skills?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The System Analyst (SA) is a key contributor to the provision of technical systems support within the Continuous Improvement (CI) department. The SA is responsible for trouble-shooting systems challenges experienced by Bison staff, fulfilling requests for data outputs in various forms, and configuring data interchange requirements between Bison and its partners. This includes gaining an understanding of current processes and systems, and identifying potential solutions and communicating with business analysts and software developers. As a member of Bison™s overall Systems group the SA is committed to providing quality solutions through delivery of timely changes to, and complete support of, existing tools and processes.
- Creation of RPA (robotic process automation) outputs
- Creation of data outputs
- Data requests to support program changes and business improvement
- Settings configuration and changes in our Transportation Management System and data tables
- Ensuring customer requests details logged, tracked and resolved in the corporate ticketing system
- Support alignment with other data-related roles (Analytics, Internal Audit)
- Support of EDI “ electronic data interchange (EDI, API) solutions
- Post-secondary education with a focus on any combination of Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Analysis, Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics or demonstrated experience. Other formal education will be considered for relevance.
- Experience with workflow automation solutions (e.g. RPA, scheduled jobs).
- Experience with data management applications (e.g. SQL, Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Oracle, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong supportive team player.
- Technical and non-technical (user) troubleshooting skills with ability to diagnose and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to document standard operating procedures and best practice to support environment of continuous improvement.
- Reliable and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a part of a collaborative team.
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Ability to learn new technical platforms quickly.
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada™s 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada™s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about the career opportunities at Bison, please visit our blog and watch a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
Are you detail oriented and insightful with excellent communication and teambuilding skills? Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Do you possess a strong desire to do things better with a willingness to get involved at the base level to make that happen? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
We are currently recruiting talented, high performing individuals who have a strong desire to engage in a highly innovative and progressive culture. Join our Continuous Improvement team today!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
- Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/drive4bison
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/drive4bison
- LinkedIn: Here
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/drive4bison
- Snapchat: Search Bison Transport
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!