Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Administrator, Driver Services
Administrator, Driver Services
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about what to expect at Bison, watch our new video https://youtu.be/_saA7Or23kw.
...eager to provide exceptional customer service?
...passionate about people?
...keen to continually learn and develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The Administrtator for Driver Services maintains strong dialogue and accountability standards with Drivers, Operations, Marketing, Maintenance, Safety and other departments to effectively manage Driver programs and the Drivers' performance. Identifying Drivers at risk, trends, and potential areas of concern while working with other departments to effectively manage these trends or areas of concern is key to this position. Driver Services provides a number of services to Drivers and other administrative support.
- Processing holiday and vacation pay requests. Following up on outstanding requests which require action by management for approval or decline.
- Authorizing passenger waivers. Input, scan and maintain current passenger information and travel documents to facilitate Customs initiatives such as ACE
- Issuing gate remote controls and obtain property receipt for driver file and payroll deduction authorization.
- Handing out driver and staff appreciation gifts such as Christmas gifts, National Trucking Week gifts, safety awards, etc. and ensure all relevant activities are closed.
- Will maintain accurate and up to date driver files by scanning cards, tests, and certifications, scanning driver documents, documents for safety department, human resources, etc.
- Will manage the mailbox and mail out procedures and that of the terminals and ensure that each Driver, Owner Operator (and their drivers) and Lease Operator have a mailbox or alternative method of receiving communication where mailboxes are not available.
- Using professional, courteous telephone and personal communication, the Administator for Driver Services is responsible for providing telephone and walk-in reception for the Driver Services Team and Calgary Terminal.
- Responsible for various other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- College diploma in Office Administration or demonstrated experience in an office environment.
- Previous experience in a service related industry
- Progressive knowledge of the Transportation Industry
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Works well in an extremely high paced environment
- PC skills - Windows, MS Office Suite, Internet
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Are you a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:Apply Now!
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!