Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for ensuring that the Company is provided with a sufficient quantity and quality of Drivers and Owner Operators, in a manner that is both efficient and effective. This must be accomplished by: selling the driver program to all potential hires, engaging in competitive market, pre-screening and assisting in driver qualification.
- Working with the Driver Recruiting Team to ensure that the Company is provided with adequate quality and quantity of Drivers and Owner Operators including
- Interviewing potential company drivers and/or owner operators,
- Reviewing applications and ensuring all required documents are completed,
- Completing reference checks, and either recommending or declining applicants,
- Pre-screening all walk-in and phone inquiries by driver applicants,
- Communicating with operations regarding creating positions for quality applicants, determining the need for positions, and identifying driver trends.
- Actively monitor the changing marketplace to ensure we remain competitive in the changing marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall standards of our safety & compliance programs are met as they apply to all potential and new hires including completion of Driver qualification process prior to hiring, assisting in administration of controlled substance testing, and any other safety & compliance issues.
- Engage in other projects and activities as is necessary to the position and as assigned. This may include:
- Directing Drivers and Owner Operators to the appropriate department personnel when issues arise and assisting in resolution of driver related issues,
- Assisting with the Driver Recruitment Program when directed,
- Playing an active role in the on-going development of the Driver Program, including Driver Retention,
- Responsible for various other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Human Resource and Recruitment experience and/or education would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a service related industry
- Progressive knowledge of the Transportation Industry
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Works well in an extremely high paced environment
- PC skills - Windows, MS Office Suite, Internet
To learn more about what to expect at Bison, watch our new video https://youtu.be/_saA7Or23kw.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!