Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Business Development Coordinator - Central
Business Development Coordinator
...a driven individual who will take initiative to grow the logistics & freight network?
...a strong communicator with the desire to generate revenue that drives new business activity?
...looking to advance your career and continually develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is responsible for generating new business activity in Logistics by using all available leads and tools to contact and pursue opportunities, capture orders and generate capacity. The BDC is seen as a key revenue generator that drives new business activity in logistics. A high priority to move available trucks will be managed by the BDC team members. Activities for the BDC will also be directed towards the business needs in specific geographical regions and through defined projects. The BDC will work towards increasing growth through defined tasks and standards which they will have input into the ongoing development of best practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Generating new revenue through the development of new and existing customer accounts.
- Engage in customer leads activities such as cold calls, business directory research among other resources to develop new active customers.
- Serve as an account manager to clients and be accountable to their clients on regular check-ins and issue escalation.
- The BDC will be an expert in the Bison network, including Logistics, Bison asset, Intermodal, LTL and subsidiaries to provide solutions to customers.
- ‹The BDC is responsible for spot pricing responses for new freight offers, and will ensure the spot quote reflects current market conditions to secure the order and capacity
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Relevant post-secondary education and Supply Chain knowledge,
- Previous sales experience with a proven track record,
- Strong negotiating, decision making and organizational skills,
- Interpersonal Savvy and strong communication skills,
- Willingness to take initiative and calculated risks,
- Entrepreneurial spirit,
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills,
- The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment.
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about the career opportunities at Bison please visit our blog and watch a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you ready to share your entrepreneurial spirit with a growing Logistics team?
Are you enthusiastic, dependable and self-motivated?
If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the "Careers" section on our website: www.bisontransport.com
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
- Subscribe to the Transporter @ www.blog-bison.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/drive4bison
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/drive4bison
- LinkedIn: Here
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/drive4bison
- Snapchat: Search Bison Transport
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!