Analytics & Continuous Improvement
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Manager, Equipment and Projects
Manager, Equipment and Projects
Focusing on equipment utilization and Operations process improvement, the position of Manager, Equipment and Projects (MEP) will oversee all Bison's key Network Equipment Management activities as well as help to manage the Operations Department through process change. Reporting to the Director, Central Operations, the MPE will oversee our entire equipment program while working closely with the equipment support team in all regions working towards achieving our performance objectives.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to support the continuous improvement of all Bison tractor and trailer management activities in alignment with leading practices while meeting Bison's evolving needs,
- Identification and implementation of improved process standardization and developments of SOP's,
- Development of various routine task management strategies to monitor and audit activities such as, trailer inactivity and foreign trailer planning,
- Provide overall direction and oversight towards regional trailer pool balances,
- Forecasting changes in equipment needs through collaboration with Regional leaders,
- Ownership of the annual rental trailer budget process and ensuring the use of rental trailers match the network's needs,
- Ensure collaboration between Operations and Logistics teams to sustain and improve overall network performance and shared initiatives,
- Involvement with the annual tractor budget and lifecycle process,
- Involvement with the annual trailer renewal processes,
- Assist with priority setting of Operations project roster,
- Work with CI and area leaders to ensure success of process change in the business.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Hands on leadership style,
- Proven ability to apply continuous improvement principles and processes,
- Ability to use a variety of reports and data to make sound judgments concerning equipment management, and effectively communicate recommendations,
- Exceptional ability to multi task in a fast paced environment,
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent team player, with strong attention to detail, and a keen sense of time lines,
- Solid computer skills with experience in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft office,
- Training and work experience in Operations Asset Management & Network Optimization,
- Lean Six Sigma and or LEAN training an asset.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!