Analytics & Continuous Improvement
The Technical Analyst, supports the Analytics team in driving business results by evolving and maintaining BI tools for Analytics Dept. and other Bison staff use based on current, future, or proposed business activity. The core focus of the Analyst is on producing of BI tools and supporting the creation and evolution of analytical models. The role also includes participating in data governance and the building of context knowledge to improve success on output and tool development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technical Projects: Maintenance and creation of BI tools, and analytical models to support business analysis and business insights, as well as contributing to the evolution of the data lake and data warehouse through Data Governance.
- Regional/Divisional Analysis Support: As a member of the analytics team, supports Analysts in the identification of data that supports analysis initiatives, creates outputs that summarize and visualize key concepts for distribution to the wider business.
- Providing technical or analytical support to other departments on a one time or ongoing basis.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Technical Knowledge/ Skills: General knowledge of the transportation industry
- Software Knowledge/ Skills: Experienced in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPivot and PowerBI. Familiar with Python/R, SSAS, SQL and other software as required
- Qualifications: Post-secondary education preferred, in a business analysis, mathematics and/or supply chain/MIS focus. Natural investigative disposition and strong abstract reasoning ability required. Teamwork and independent work skills are both necessary.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!