Analytics & Continuous Improvement
Technology Administrator, Analytics
The Technology Administrator (TA), Analytics, supports the Analytics team in driving business results by evolving and maintaining the analytics technology stack. The core focus of the TA is in the development and administration of the Bison Data Lake and Data Warehouse, administration of PowerBi Report Server, development of ETLs processes, and participating in the creation and evolution of analytical models in technologies like R and Python. The focus will also include collaboration with the Bison IT team in planning and evolving the analytics technology stack.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technology administration: Technologies being administrated include ETL process to populate the data lake and data warehouse, analytical models used by Analytics to deliver insights to the organization, and servers running the Analytics technology stack.
- An additional component of technology administration is the maintenance of documentation. Documentation includes data warehouse and lake dictionaries, model explanation documentation, and release notes through GitHub.
- Technology development: As a member of the Analytics team, the TA will participate with the business and Technical Analysts in the development of new analytical models using statistical and machine learning techniques in R/Python.
- Data Governance: Participate in data governance and implement updates identified by the data governance stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Technical Knowledge: Experienced interacting with system APIs, comfortable with the R and/or Python programming languages, and entry level knowledge machine learning techniques.
- Organizational Skills: Experiencing developing and maintaining system documentation (i.e., data dictionaries, process maps, and release notes) and managing code versioning (i.e., BitBucket).
- Database Skills/Knowledge: Experience with SQL, knowledgeable with data warehouse and lake development and administration. Familiarization with management of unstructured data would be an asset.
- Qualifications: Post-secondary education, in a computer science or a related field. Natural investigative disposition and strong abstract reasoning ability required. Teamwork and independent work skills are both necessary.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!