City Fleet Dispatcher, Calgary
City Fleet Dispatcher
We are currently recruiting customer focused people like you with strong organization and communication skills to join our highly effective Calgary City Operations team. Bison is committed to being an employer of choice and offers a progressive company culture. Our employees are motivated, respectful and professional in the company's aggressive pursuit of success. Teamwork is essential in utilizing each other's strengths and capabilities as we provide quality transportation services to our customers.
The City Dispatcher (CD) will execute the day to day activity of their assigned region. This includes monitoring of the fleet, accurately distributing, receiving and updating information. Identifying and participating in the resolution of issues relating to day to day driver activities is an essential responsibility of the CD. The CD must be well organized, an excellent communicator and have a keen sense of timeliness in carrying out daily activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Dispatch: This involves the transmitting and receiving of all information relevant to the driver/cartage company performing his/her duties within the Company and customer requirements.
- Satellite and Telephone Management: Handling of all driver related satellite messages or calls within assigned and overflow queues.
- Reporting: Recognition, communication and documentation of situations that should be reviewed by other parties, for information, action and record keeping purposes.
- Problem Resolution: Working on behalf of both the Driver and the Company to resolve any day to day issues that may arise.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time, on a daily or permanent basis (ie. special projects, training seminars, weekend planning and other job related tasks).
Demonstrated attention to detail, communication, problem solving and planning abilities are integral to your success in this position. Knowledge of the transportation industry and Calgary city geography are considered assets.
This position is subject to a Monday to Friday shift, 07:00 - 16:00.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!