Student - Sales Development Trainee
Student “ Sales Development Trainee
The Sales Development Trainee will spend 2-3 summers (approximately) learning exactly how our business operates “ from dispatching, customer service, inside sales, pricing and account management. You will get to know our customers by growing a sales territory of your own and will be out in the field engaging with customers providing world class customer service. You will have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things as you work to build brand awareness and your clientele base. You will also be assigned a senior sales mentor who will be instrumental in the development of not only the mentee's skills and knowledge, but also their behavior, attitude and social outlook
What will you do?
The best way to learn is to be hands-on within the business. This will help you to understand the operation, services, and people that make our company great!
- Phase 1: Operations “ Learning our operations and how we move freight is critical to your success! Dispatching - Interact daily with our professional drivers, monitoring fleet activity, accurately distributing, receiving and updating information. Customer Service “ guarantee the quality of entering orders, appointment making, relationship establishment, and working through issue resolution.
- Phase 2: Inside Sales, Pricing & Analytics “ Go from supporting the operations to learning about spot pricing new freight offers, supporting the completion of RFPs, and cold calls.
- Phase 3: Outside Sales/Account Management “ Learn how to find new business opportunities, sell our products, negotiate contracts, and build customer and vendor relationships alongside a senior sales person.
- Final Destination: Account Manager/Inside Sales “ It is now your turn to run with the knowledge you have learned in the business to generate revenue for the company by selling Bison™s full suite of transportation services. You will be working closely with the assigned Customer Service Representative and Operations Team to ensure we properly serve the client.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Current post-secondary student with experience in sales, programs can include Business, Economics, Commerce, etc.
- Strong desire to build a career in sales in the transportation industry
- Positive attitude and results-oriented mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks ensuring efficient time management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Displays perseverance, pursuing everything with drive and does not give up in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Willing to take calculated risks & initiative
To learn more about the career opportunities at Bison, please visit our blog and watch a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate Lunches and Cultural Celebrations
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!