...eager to provide exceptional customer service?
...passionate about people?
...keen to continually learn and develop skills with a progressive company?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
The Recruiter for Drivers is responsible for ensuring that the Company is provided with a sufficient quantity and quality of Drivers and Owner Operators, in a manner that is both efficient and effective. This must be accomplished by: selling the driver program to all potential hires, engaging in competitive market, pre-screening and assisting in driver qualification.
As a secondary role: responsibilities may include reception duties such as incoming calls, greeting visitors, sending and receiving packages to/from couriers, mail distribution. Administrative responsibilities include running various reports, creating employee files. Other responsibilities include monitoring and purchasing office supplies and equipment as well as supporting various social committee events.
- Working with the Driver Recruiting Team to ensure that the Company is provided with adequate quality and quantity of Drivers and Owner Operators including
- Interviewing potential company drivers and/or owner operators,
- Reviewing applications and ensuring all required documents are completed,
- Completing reference checks, and either recommending or declining applicants,
- Pre-screening all walk-in and phone inquiries by driver applicants,
- Communicating with operations regarding creating positions for quality applicants, determining the need for positions, and identifying driver trends.
- Actively gathering strategic information on our competitors in regards to rates, leases, equipment types, fuel pricing, trip lengths and type of haul, etc., to ensure we remain competitive in the changing marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall standards of our safety & compliance programs are met as they apply to all potential and new hires including completion of Driver qualification process prior to hiring, assisting in administration of controlled substance testing, and any other safety & compliance issues.
- Engage in other projects and activities as is necessary to the position and as assigned. This may include:
- Directing Drivers and Owner Operators to the appropriate department personnel when issues arise and assisting in resolution of driver related issues,
- Assisting with the Driver Recruitment Program when directed,
- Playing an active role in the on-going development of the Driver Program, including Driver Retention,
- Responsible for various other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Human Resource experience and/or education would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a service related industry
- Progressive knowledge of the Transportation Industry
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Works well in an extremely high paced environment
- PC skills - Windows, MS Office Suite, Internet
Bison is a multi-award winning, world class Transportation Company. We are a proud Platinum member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and were also named as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures! We believe in the aggressive pursuit of success which is visible in our history and stability as an employer across Canada.
To learn more about what to expect at Bison, watch our new video https://youtu.be/_saA7Or23kw.
Are you ready to make a direct impact on the continued growth and success of a leading transportation company?
Are you seeking a mentoring environment that encourages learning and growth? Are you a leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? If your answer is yes - make your application to Bison your first step toward making your best career choice yet!
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.
For more information on Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:Apply Now!
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!