City Fleet Dispatcher
City Fleet Dispatcher
The City Dispatcher (CD) will execute the day to day activity of their assigned region. This includes monitoring of the fleet, accurately distributing, receiving and updating information. Identifying and participating in the resolution of issues relating to day to day driver activities is an essential responsibility of the CD. The CD must be well organized, an excellent communicator and have a keen sense of timeliness in carrying out daily activities.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Dispatch: Transmitting and receiving of all information relevant to the driver/cartage company performing his/her duties within the Company and customer requirements.
- Satellite and Telephone Management: Handling of all driver related satellite messages or calls within assigned and overflow queues.
- Reporting: This involves the recognition, communication and documentation of situations that should be reviewed by other parties, for information, action and record keeping purposes.
- Problem Resolution: Working on behalf of both the Driver and the Company to resolve any day to day issues that may arise.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Educational background in Supply Chain Management (or other relevant area such as Business)
- Dedicated experience providing customer service in a similar work environment
- Well organized, an excellent communicator and have a keen sense of timeliness
- Demonstrated attention to detail, communication, problem solving and planning abilities
- Knowledge of the transportation industry and North American geography are considered assets
This position is subject to a modified work schedule, Sunday to Thursday, 07:00 - 16:00.
To learn more about what it's like to work at Bison Transport, please visit our blog to view a short video: https://blog.bisontransport.com/the-people-behind-the-move
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate lunches, cultural celebrations & healthy snacks
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!