Bison Logistics is a fast-growing brokerage arm of Bison Transport that builds Bison's network across North America by developing strong relationships with our partner carriers. As our Logistics business continues to grow, the scope of the Brokerage Manager role has broadened. This position is accountable for the performance of Bison's Eastern Logistics operation, which includes the management of freight volumes, margins, service levels and carrier performance. A key component of this role also includes the motivation, coaching and development of the Logistics team supporting the overall culture of Bison.
In the spirit of growing their portfolio, the Brokerage Manager will have the additional responsibility of collaborating with sales and customer service to engineer solutions to capitalize on new business. This includes developing relationships, identifying and solidifying opportunities, and negotiating rates in order to generate incremental business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Individual performance evaluations for each of their team members and help coach each individual on how they can contribute to the overall objectives of the Logistics Team,
- Responsible for organizing, supporting and facilitating the activities of his/ her team to meet logistics key performance indicators (KPI's) and overall company objectives,
- Carrier Management, which ensures our base of carriers meets the highest quality standard service needs of our Logistics clients,
- Defining all details relating to loads and ensuring that the chosen carrier understands and is able to meet all expectations,
- Evaluate changes in market conditions and negotiates the best purchase price while assessing all angles of the situation,
- Provide one-off and network solutions for freight opportunities tabled by customer service, operations, and sales through rate requests and network designs and modifications.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team,
- Strong negotiating, decision making and organizational skills,
- Minimum 2-5 years of prior Sales, Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience,
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business growth,
- Ability to demonstrate success using strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills,
- A proven ability to achieve high results,
- Proven time-management skills,
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills,
- The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment.
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate Lunches and Cultural Celebrations
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!
To follow along with Bison Transport be sure to visit the following:
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!