Driver Recruiter - Mississauga
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for ensuring that the Company is provided with a sufficient quantity and quality of Drivers and Owner Operators, in a manner that is both efficient and effective. This must be accomplished by: selling the driver program to all potential hires, engaging in competitive market, pre-screening and assisting in driver qualification.
Provide back-up coverage for the local Driver Service Representative as needed. Responsibilities may include back up to reception duties such as incoming calls, greeting visitors, sending and receiving packages to/from couriers, mail distribution. Administrative responsibilities include running various reports, creating employee files.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with the Driver Recruiting Team to ensure that the Company is provided with high quality and quantity of Drivers and Owner Operators including
- Interviewing potential company drivers and/or owner operators,
- Reviewing applications and ensuring all required documents are completed,
- Completing reference checks, and either recommending or declining applicants,
- Pre-screening all walk-in and phone inquiries by driver applicants,
- Communicating with operations regarding creating positions for quality applicants, determining the need for positions, and identifying driver trends.
- Actively gathering strategic information on our competitors in regards to rates, leases, equipment types, fuel pricing, trip lengths and type of haul, etc., to ensure we remain competitive in the changing marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall standards of our safety & compliance programs are met as they apply to all potential and new hires including completion of Driver qualification process prior to hiring, assisting in administration of controlled substance testing, and any other safety & compliance issues.
- Engage in other projects and activities as is necessary to the position and as assigned. This may include:
- Playing an active role in the on-going development of the Driver Program, including Driver Retention
- Assisting with the Driver Recruitment Program when directed,
- Directing Drivers and Owner Operators to the appropriate department personnel when issues arise and assisting in resolution of driver related issues
- Responsible for various other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- 2 years of high volume recruitment experience is required
- HR related education would be an asset.
- Previous sales experience would be an asset
- Progressive knowledge of the Transportation Industry
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Works well in an extremely high paced environment
- PC skills - Windows, MS Office Suite, Internet
- Take advantage of our on-site fitness facility
- Recharge with our complimentary caffeine station
- Once a week all summer long, lunches are provided
- Join our engaging Wellness Program & extracurricular sports teams
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity & Diversity
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the "Careers" section on our website:
Referrals are welcome! Please complete the Referral Form on the Intranet
Bison Transport is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity.Apply Now!
HR, Driver Services & Learning and Development
Sales & Marketing
Stay up to date with the latest news from Bison Transport!