Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - For the second consecutive year, Bison Transport wins Best Fleets to Drive For!
The Truckload Carriers Association together with CarriersEdge have announced the winners of the 2011 Best Fleets to Drive For, and Bison Transport has once again been selected. The Best Fleets to Drive For survey and contest identifies North American for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experiences for their drivers.
Company drivers and owner operators were asked to complete a survey on their employers which included the following categories.
- Total compensation package - including base pay, bonuses, vacation, and sick day allotment
- Health benefits
- Pension plans
- Professional development opportunities (training, coaching programs, etc.)
- Career path/advancement opportunities
- Commitment to employee personal growth, including work/life balance, driver family support, and employee-directed charitable contributions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including dispute resolution processes and inclusion of driver feedback in policymaking
- Team building and driver community development activities
- Annual driver turnover rate and efforts to improve
- Fleet safety record
“At Bison we are proud to have the most experienced and dedicated team of professional Drivers on the road so we are truly honored to receive such positive feedback from them.” Says Don Streuber, President and CEO.
The TCA will announce the names of the highest scoring fleets from each of two categories: Best Fleet for Owner Operators and Best Fleet for Company Drivers. These overall winners will be recognized at the TCA Annual Convention on March 15, 2011 in San Diego, CA.
About Bison Transport
Bison Transport is one of the largest Truckload Carriers in Canada today, offering award winning transportation solutions to the industry for over 41 years. Recognized by the TCA (Truckload Carrier's Association) as North America's Safest Fleet, Bison is a high-service, dependable and value creating supply chain partner. Bison offers full truckload service, full service logistics, Intermodal, dedicated fleet operations, yard management and warehousing & distribution. Bison is an active member of Natural Resources Canada's FleetSmart Program as well as a SmartWay Transport Partner, a national and voluntary partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
|For more information, please contact:|
Director Safety & Driver Development