Tuesday, March 04, 2014–Bison Transport is excited to announce they have been named one of 2014 Best Fleets to Drive For by the Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge.
“We are proud to have the most experienced and dedicated team of professional Drivers on the road and we are truly honored to receive such positive feedback from them,” says Don Streuber, President and CEO.
The Best Fleets to Drive For survey and contest identifies North American for-hire trucking companies that provide the best workplace experiences for their drivers. Winners are determined by Company Drivers and Owner Operators across North America based on a survey on their employers which included the following categories:
- Total compensation package - including base pay, bonuses, vacation, and sick day allotment
- Health benefits
- Pension plans
- Professional development opportunities (training, coaching programs, etc.)
- Career path/advancement opportunities
- Commitment to employee personal growth, including work/life balance, driver family support, and employee-directed charitable contributions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including dispute resolution processes and inclusion of driver feedback in policymaking
- Team building and driver community development activities
- Annual driver turnover rate and efforts to improve
- Fleet safety record
About Bison Transport
Bison Transport is one of the largest transportation companies in Canada today, offering award winning transportation & logistics solutions to the industry for 44 years. Recognized by the TCA (Truckload Carrier’s Association) as North America’s Safest Fleet, Bison is a high-service, dependable and value creating supply chain partner. Bison offers Truckload Service, Asset Based Logistics, Intermodal, Dedicated Fleet Operations, Yard Management and Warehousing & Distribution. Bison is an active member of Natural Resources Canada's FleetSmart Program as well as a SmartWay Transport Partner, a national and voluntary partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
For more information, please contact:
Director Safety & Driver Development