PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Herd2Go collects data to provide the Services you request, ease your navigation on our Sites, communicate with you, and improve your experience using the Services. Some of the information is collected through your interactions with the Services. We collect such data using technologies like cookies and other tracking technologies, error reports, and usage data collected when you interact with Herd2Go.
Name and contact data
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, company, and other similar contact data.
- We may use this information to contact you or provide you with information on Herd2Go or the Services.
- We process passwords and related security information used for authentication and account access and information security purposes.
Usage and location data
- We collect information about use of the Services and your location while using the Services, to better understand uses and enable tracking improvements.
- Examples include:
- Information based on your use of the Services running on your device. This includes the types and frequency of tools and commands being used, the frequency and duration of use.
- Information regarding the performance of the Services and any problems you may experience while using them. This information enables us to diagnose problems and offer support in resolution.
- The Herd2Go mobile application collects information from Wi-Fi access points, GPS, mobile location services, and wireless networks and/or cell towers that indicate the current or prior location of the mobile device on which the Services are accessed (“Location Information”).
- After you install the Herd2Go mobile application and consent to location tracking, it can collect Location Information from your mobile device.
- If you permit the Herd2Go mobile application to access Location Information through the permission system used by your mobile operating system.
- You may choose to stop collection of Location Information through the settings that we provide in the Herd2Go mobile application or by removing the Herd2Go mobile application from your mobile device.
- We may collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback or questions you ask our technical support representatives, when necessary to provide you with the Services you use.
- We will collect and utilize any data files you send to us for troubleshooting and improving the Services.
- When you contact us, we may monitor and record chat sessions with our representatives to improve our services, facilitate the processing and resolution of your request or complaint.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, Herd2Go uses information that we collect from customers and visitors for the purposes of:
- Providing the Services.
- Providing ongoing support.
- Complying with legal obligations.
Examples of the uses of information include:
- Providing Services. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide the Services to you.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose and address problems.
- Pick-up and delivery. We use data, including names and addresses to pick-up and deliver loads and may provide limited data to platform other 3rd parties that maybe required to collaborate in the pick-up and delivery or other similar activities.
- Service activation. We use data, including device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network, and subscription identifiers to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Software updates. Unless you have disabled the functionality of our Software Update Manager, our software products periodically communicate with our servers to perform functions such as checking for updates.
- Improving Services. We use data to continually improve the Services, including adding new features or capabilities. Data is collected throughout your interactions with the Services that enable us to understand customer usage and tailor future capabilities. We track general, non-personalized information (e.g., operating system, browser version and type of device being used) to know how many people visit specific pages of the Services or utilize specific features of the Services so that we may improve those Services. We may use your IP address to customize services to your location, such as the language displayed on the Services.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may provide data to:
- Herd2Go affiliates located in and outside your country;
- Outsourced service providers who perform functions on our behalf, located inside or outside of your country of residence (in such case, we will use appropriate legal framework to operate data transfers) ;
- Our authorized agents and representatives, located inside or outside of your country of residence (in such case, we will use appropriate legal framework to operate data transfers), who sell products or provide services on our behalf; and
- Anyone to whom we are required by law to disclose personal data, upon valid and enforceable request thereof.
We will access, disclose, and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal processes, including from law enforcement or other government agencies, upon valid and enforceable request thereof; or
- Operate and maintain the security of the Services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
Please note that some of the Services may direct you to services of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Herd2Go’. If you provide personal data to any of those services, your data is governed by their privacy statements or policies. Herd2Go is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. Please review the privacy policies for these websites to understand how they process your information.
We require third parties to only use your personal data for the specific purpose for which it was given to us and to protect the privacy of your personal data.
Handling of Personal Data
Security of Personal Data
Herd2Go is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. Depending on the circumstances, we may hold your information in hard copy and/or electronic form. For each medium, we use technologies and procedures to protect personal data. We review our strategies and update as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
These measures include, but are not limited to, technical and organizational security policies and procedures, security controls and employee training.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials for the Services. Herd2Go will treat access to the Services through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
If we become aware of a breach that affects the security of your personal data, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Herd2Go will provide any such notice that Herd2Go must provide to you at your account’s email address. By using the Services, you agree to accept notice electronically.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
Herd2Go also collaborates with third parties such as cloud hosting services and suppliers located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal data within Herd2Go or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. When we do so, we take steps to ensure that personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
Retention of Personal Data
Herd2Go retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other business purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We are required by law to keep some types of information for certain periods of time (e.g., statute of limitations). If your personal data is no longer necessary for the legal or business purposes for which it is processed, we will destroy or anonymize that information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, BISON TRANSPORT INC. ("Bison") grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Bison mobile (the "Application") on your device. These Terms and Conditions will also apply to any update to the Application made available by Bison, unless an update is accompanied by separate terms, in which case such separate terms will govern.
Prohibited Uses of the Application
The Application may not be used while operating a vehicle. In some locations actively using an application on a mobile phone is illegal and may result in citations and fines. Bison will not be liable due to any claim arising from your use of the Application while operating a vehicle. In addition, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Application.
Mobile Network Charges
Bison is not responsible for your mobile phone or the mobile network that is provided by your mobile network provider. Your mobile network provider will charge you for the data services you use while accessing and using the Application in accordance with its contract with you. Your mobile network provider may also have an acceptable use policy which will apply to your use of the Application. You should contact your mobile network provider to find out about any applicable charges and any acceptable use policy before using the Application.
No Warranties or Liability
Bison does not give any warranties in respect of the Application, or the network, content, software, or services used in conjunction with the Application. The Application is made available to you AS-IS. Bison hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. To the maximum extent allowed by law, in no event will Bison be liable to you for any claims, damages, or costs whatsoever, whether direct, consequential, indirect, or incidental, even if a Bison representative has been advised of the possibility thereof and regardless of the legal theory under which the same is brought.
The Application and any updates thereto are the intellectual property of, and all rights therein are owned exclusively by, Bison and its licensors. The structure, organization, methods, and code of the Application are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of Bison. The Application is protected by law, including without limitation the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and by international treaty provisions. Except for the license granted to you above, these Terms and Conditions do not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Application, and all rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Bison.
The Herd2Go mobile application collects information from Wi-Fi access points, GPS, mobile location services, and wireless networks and/or cell towers that indicate the current or prior location of the mobile device on which the Services are accessed (“Location Information”). After you install the Herd2Go mobile application and consent to location tracking, it can collect Location Information from your mobile device. If you permit the Herd2Go mobile application to access Location Information through the permission system used by your mobile operating system. You may choose to stop collection of Location Information through the settings that we provide in the Herd2Go mobile application or by removing the Herd2Go mobile application from your mobile device.
Governing Law; Remedies
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and the province of Manitoba, without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles. By using this Application, you agree that any dispute arising from or relating in any way to this site will be brought exclusively in the Federal or Provincial Courts located in the Province of Manitoba and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found void and unenforceable, the rest will remain valid and enforceable. This is the entire agreement between Bison and you relating to the Application, and it supersedes any prior representations, discussions, undertakings, communications or advertising relating to the Application.
By using this application, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to all of these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party: use of any of this software is governed by the terms of the license.
The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.